Thursday, January 13, 2011

An Alphabet Photo Project

The eye on the alphabet kit is one of my favorite projects that I've seen for kindergarteners. This kit was created by Leslie Law, our gifted resource teacher. Last year the alphabet books that my students created at home with their parents were amazing and the kindergarteners shared their projects in the foyer for the whole school to enjoy. This project is optional, but it is a worthwhile activity to do with your kindergartener and makes a sentimental memento. If you are a parent of a JBD student, an order form is being sent home in your child's folder today. If you are one of my other website followers and are interested, please email me for more information or email Leslie Law at leslielaw@thelearninglens.com Don't forget to check out http://thelearninglens.com/ to see the creative examples of letters found in everday objects. If you are a JBD student and are unable to pay full price for a kit, please email me for alternative prices/options.

Below are some excellent books to read as your child is completing the project. Have fun!