Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Snow Day!

This post is for all my loyal website visitors from all over the country (thank you for your continued support).  Something very unusual happened- it snowed!   In the past, school has been cancelled with the threat of snow and I think it even snowed about half an inch one year (I think).  However, this weekend we got about 4-6 inches!  This is so exciting for kindergarteners and for myself- we will finally be able to mark snow on our weather graph!  This is my fifth year teaching kindergarten and I always tell my kiddos to wear the pajamas inside out the night before it is suppose to snow and hopefully this supersitition will make it snow.  It has never worked and this past Friday was such a hectic day (it was a half day) that I forgot to remind the kiddos to wear their jammies inside out. Anyways stay tuned for all the exciting events we will be doing this week in relation with snow- writer's workshop, reading snow books, creating snow number stories:)